Home Moving Services
From big moves to furniture reorganization, Quality Moving Services will ensure that your belongings make it from point A to point B in a safe, efficient manner. As a locally owned company, we are familiar with the Richmond, Henrico, Chesterfield, and Midlothian area and partnered with local companies to support you and your family.
Home moving can be hectic but we’re right there with you. During our initial meeting to evaluate the scope of the move, we’ll go over best practices and what to expect on the day of the move.
Home moving checklist
Help prepare your home for moving with these quick tips
- Organization: Pack, organize, and label all boxes and containers according to the assigned room.
- Packing: Secure electronics with packaging material or padding and label all boxes to help identify the packaged items.
- Disconnect: Disconnect electronics and appliances that will be moving with you.
- Secure: Secure your valuables and jewelry, and consider keeping them with you.
- Furniture prep: All beds, entertainment centers, dining sets, etc., should be broken down (if possible) to ensure a quick and easy move.
Did you know that drawers can remain full and do not need to be removed from dressers? They can! Remove valuables from shelves and the top of units. If our movers assess that drawers need to be removed, they will remove and reinstall at the new location.
We recommend you pack your belongings and we'll place them where they belong to make the move as stress-free as possible.
Keep in mind that most moving companies cannot move hazardous products like gasoline, oxygen bottles, lighter fluid, matches, propane cylinders, nail polish remove, paint and paint thinners, or other flammable products. We also recommend that you keep any valuables with you at all times during the move.
Using a local moving company
Using a local office moving company means we are familiar with the area and can provide local referrals for your other relocation needs.
Our short and long-term storage facilities offer an additional option if you are waiting for housing or need to temporarily store some household goods. All of your items will be covered with pads and blankets to ensure they are safely moved into your new storage unit – where they can stay as long as you need!
Make moving easy
Quality Moving Services will show up on time, put items where you request and handle your belongings with care. Make your next move easy and stress-free with Virginia’s #1 Mover.